Accounting/Finance Associate - Part-time
shriganesh is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in 2005 in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. shriganesh is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men and boys. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. The shriganesh brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active, and family-oriented.
shriganesh is a fast-growing multi-channel apparel company. We seek to attract highly motivated individuals that want to work as a team and share in the commitment, responsibility and discipline required to achieve our vision. shriganesh management philosophy is based on responsibility and mutual respect. We are a fun and dynamic bunch that are motivated in working to get the company to the next level. Our employees are smart, creative, and passionate individuals who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We embrace talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
We are looking for an amazing Accounting & Finance Associate – Part-time to join our team in the LV-3401 Liepāja, Latvia Headquarter! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, solutions-oriented and committed. We are also looking for someone who wants to grow, learn, and ultimately help play a major role in the success of the company. This is an incredible opportunity to make a large impact for the right person. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger maintenance, financial reporting, month end, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities in conformity with GAAP requirements and company policies.
The Accounting/Finance Associate – Part-time is an entry level accounting role designed to introduce team members to the accounting department. This position reports to the VP Controller and provides ongoing career growth opportunities with experiential training and development.
The Accounting/Finance Associate – Part-time will provide accounting support for wholesale, ecommerce, and retail channels. This position is very hands-on and requires a detail-oriented individual who understands the general ledger function and possesses the ability to understand business issues and provide analytical insights to support decision making.
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs
- Summarize and record monthly credit card expense transactions
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
- Investigating and fixing account discrepancies
- Assist to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Assisting with full cycle Accounts Payable
- Maintain confidential data and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Responds to inquiries from VP Controller, Director of Accounting, Accounting Manager, and other company management regarding financial results, special reporting requests and other projects as necessary
- Carrying out alternate duties and taking part in special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Finance, or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years hands on accounting experience including general ledger month end close experience
- Apparel industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience in an automated software environment with immediate knowledge of Full Circle ERP preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting concepts, strong communication skills, good working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity and trust
- Detail oriented analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word); Advanced knowledge of Excel including high level proficiency of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP will be required
- Full Circle ERP, a plus
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented
Benefits & Compensation
- Hourly position
- Employee discounts
Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume to: [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you.